My requirements are:
- Low cost or free, as my purpose is earning no money with it.
- Easy to learn and use
- Easy to insert snippets of code
My starting point for choosing has been this article.
Wordpressdoesn't allow any plugins. You need some hosting if you want enough power.
- I've tried a little Weebly, but it isn't suitable for sharing code.
Jekyll is powerful enough, it's integrated with
github, and has a great community, but you cannot use any computer. You need to have installed
Ruby. It uses familiar MarkDown syntax.
- Finally I've chosen Logdown, as:
- it provides more visual feedback,
- it also uses MarkDown syntax.
- the free edition covers my needs.
- I have always the choice of exporting my blog elsewhere.